Interested in becoming a trip leader or a general volunteer for the Foundation’s Adaptive Kayaking Program?
What do the volunteering opportunities involve?
- Accompanying guest paddlers on adaptive kayak trips (half-day trips typically)
• Assisting with off-loading and loading kayaks.
• Assisting with tent set-ups.
• Assisting guest paddlers with transitions into and out of kayaks.
• Assisting with constructing kayak adaptations.
• Assisting with guest paddler registrations and check-ins (land-based activity only)
Here are some basic requirements for volunteering
- You need to have some kayaking/paddle board experience.
• You must have your own equipment and the means to transport your gear to and from the event locations.
• You must be able to exit and re-enter your kayak in deep water.
• CPR and first aid training are preferred.• You must complete the Oceans of Hope Foundation volunteer training program (half-day) before participating.
• Complete and sign the following forms and waivers prior to paddling events or training:
SIGN UP BELOW TO BECOME A TRIP LEADER OR GENERAL VOLUNTEER FOR OUR KAYAKING PROGRAM
Have Questions? Contact Bob Lovelace using the contact form below for more information.
Florida Charity Registration Number: CH 44967
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.